Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

It's about 1:45 am, so Easter has officially arrived. I have been having such a rough time sleeping the last few night; I just can't get comfortable with this cast. it itches like crazy. Part of the problem too is I can't do much physically during the day, so I'm not as tired I guess. Although today, I was up a lot, baking and getting things ready for Easter Sunday. So frustrating.

So, in my sleepy state, pardon my ramblings. I am worried about my SIL and her little bun in the oven. They had an ultrasound last week and found out it was a boy. My brother is thrilled. Going with Mason James as a name. They have to go back next week for another one because they are worried about the baby's size. Not sure why, she was so off, that there is no way they could pinpoint a due date exactly. But, she is still smoking, as is my brother. That has such a link to low birth weight, that it worries me a lot. Not sure why her doctor or her family isn't doing more to get her to quit. After my brother watching what my dad has gone through, I don't know how he can continue to smoke. Losing a voice box not enough of a deterrent for you??? Uggh!

I finally got my mom to quit last week, the her idiot of a husband pulled another one of his stunts, stressed her out, and now she is back at it. I think she may try again though, JM was really on her and she does not want to disappoint him. Just the expense of it is enough that she should quit.

Easter tomorrow should be pretty laid back. My SIL is hosting again, and there is always lots of yummy food! The boys are excited to see their cousins. JM has been counting down the days since early March, he loves doing the scavenger hunt. We worked on it yesterday, and it will be a tough one!

Going to go use my awake time more wisely and do some writing. Lots of articles due by the end of the month!

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

My younger sister continued to smoke during her pregnancy...and she was 16 (date rape) so there were a number of risk factors too. He was just under 6 lbs...little bitty guy. That said, he is now 24, training to be an RN, smart, funny good kid that I love. So....just pray for them and let their doctor deal with it ;D Boy, is that hard to do!!!