Friday, March 2, 2007

Such a long week!

I started last weekend with a back ache and blood in my urine, and found out Tuesday that I had a kidney stone. By Friday I am now on the mend. Still having some pain, but not as bad. It was not as bad as I thought, I think I got off pretty lucky. I have a fairly high tolerance for pain!

I am buried in freelance...what's new. I so wish we would hit the lottery. I would love to focus more on preschool stuff. But, I am glad I have the opportunity to bring in the extra money, we would not be in a good place without it. They originally gave me 6 grades to do in a week...I could not even do one! The sickness did not help, but they sorely underestimated how long this job would take and what it entailed. It has been a real nightmare for everyone.

We have a busy Saturday ahead. JM has a birthday party from 12-3 and then an awards ceremony for basketball. I really wanted to skip the basketball thing, we did it with Jordan and it was kind of lame. There are no "awards" per say, but he really wants to go. They do have a great magician that comes in, so that is fun for the kids. It just lasts way to long and they start it at 4...making for grumpy kids when it goes way past their dinner time!

Such is life in our household. DH is extremely late getting home for dinner. He did call and the kids voted to wait until he got home to eat. Pancakes was their vote for dinner since it is a Lenten Friday! I hate Friday's in Lent...not the right attitude I know!!

1 comment:

nikko said...

I'm all about pancakes for dinner. :o) Hope your weekend goes smoothly even though it sounds so busy.

I'm so glad you're on the mend. That couldn't have been fun. Kidney stones...yech!