Tuesday, August 10, 2010

People are Just Nuts!

So, I am on the board of directors of our Local Little League and run one of the divisions. This dad at lacrosse camp was standing next to me at lacrosse camp yesterday complaining how the "new minor league commissioner" does not know what she is doing and never sends any information to parents. I almost bit my tongue, but instead introduced myself and shared that I did indeed send out several emails regarding the upcoming season and maybe he should check his junk mail file. He wanted to crawl into a hole! Had another parent go nuts because her husband was not chosen as a manager and they pulled their kid from the league since the dad is not in charge of a team. He was offered to be a coach...but obviously that's not good enough. The nerve of these people. My position is totally voluntary and we don't even get a break on our registration fees....I pay the same as everyone else. I put in tons of hours, especially before the season begins and these people sit back and bitch! So frustrating!

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:( Yeah, people don't get that "volunteers" are, well, VOLUNTEERING. I am no longer a Cub Scout leader because of the entitlement mentality that some people have.