Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend of fun!

It rained like the dickens Friday....one strong storm after another. And, I was not surprised because Saturday was opening day for baseball. It always rains for opening day. The wonderful gentlemen on our board, with the help of some coaches, got out there at 6 am and worked the fields. Most games were pushed back an hour, but we got all of the games in. The boys both won and played well. JC got to catch for three innings and was thrilled. He loves to catch....it makes mom nervous! We had a wonderful Opening Day celebration with lots of free fun. The boys all went, I had to be at church for my niece's Confirmation. I was proud to be her sponsor. It was a beautiful service and we had a nice dinner afterwards. (even though we didn't eat until almost 8:00!)

JC was not himself Saturday, not eating.....cold, and he did have a fever. But, he felt okay and made it through the busy day. He is home today, mostly sleeping! We hit Kings Island Sunday with my nieces and the in-laws. There was a 50% chance of rain, but it worked out. The weather was perfect. We rode the new coaster and loved it. I rode around in a wheel chair, but even the walking while in line was enough! We actually ran into some family from up in Sandusky....we never even see them up at Cedar Point! We were quite surprised.

I head back to the surgeon today for my foot. It is still quite swollen, so we'll see what he says. I start subbing tomorrow and will be working until the first week of June. I hope the foot holds out. Working full-time will be an interesting adjustment!

1 comment:

nikko said...

That's cool that the games still went on despite the rain. It rains here and they cancel everything... wimps!