Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life in the Crazy Lane!

Life has been a little nuts the last month....I know, what's new?

We just learned that my mother has cancer. She had some pre-cancerous tissue removed in the same area about 6 years ago. It is considered a "high-risk" cancer...what ever that means. So, she goes next week for a pre-surgical appointment and hopefully they can get her in soon for surgery. She is in a lot of pain and discomfort. Luckily, my dad is recovering well from his cancer surgery. He is working on talking again and is even out riding his bike. Get one better, and one falls apart...geesh!

My brother's wife went into pre-term labor last week. The little bugger was about 5 weeks early, so that was little scary. They transported her to Toledo to give birth because the hospital where they live was not a high enough level NICU. He is doing remarkably well for being so early and was home in two days. Can't wait to see him! JM is glad he is no longer the youngest.

It has been 18 weeks since I hurt my foot and it is still not 100%. I am done with PT, but still have a lack of strength and stability and pain. So, the doc is looking at some surgery to clear out what he thinks is scar tissue causing the pain. We'll see. He THINKS it is from scar tissue...can't you do a scan of some sort and know for sure before poking around in my foot and sending me back to PT...umm, I think so!

This is our first week without baseball since April 8th! It has been nice.....of course the boys are out playing catch with dad as I type. They love their baseball. Evals for fall ball and tryouts for Spring travel are next week, so the break is short lived. JM is not sure he is trying out for travel...I think the tryouts are too close to the end of the season and he is a bit burned out. He loved playing, but when he looks at tryouts already he gets a little apprehensive.

So, such is life! Crazy, busy, and full of surprises!

No comments: