Man, this week is flying by! Here is my gratitude list for today.
1. It was above 50 today. 2. I did not have to do bus duty. 3. Pay day is Friday. 4. We got a lower rate on our home equity loan!! 5. I exercised 2 out of the last 3 days...not great, but better than I have been doing!
Why must our weekends always be so crammed with activity? JM brought it home Sunday when we were planning to head out baseball evaluations and his comment was "Why can we never just stay home on the weekends?" I feel your pain. Baseball evals were nuts, we did 210 kids the first two Saturdays, and then did over 250 yesterday. JC came down with a fever Saturday night, he was a little better yesterday and went to school today. He still has a bit of a headache today, but told him if he couldn't tough it out at school to head to the nurse and give me a call. That will never happen, I don't think he has ever gone to the school nurse.
It proves to be a crazy week with three subbing days and a 4 hour web-conference Friday to start a new 2-month freelance job. I am writing test questions, I hope it isn't too monotonous. Here's hoping it is lucrative and fun to do.
Gratitude for Monday!
1. West Wing is on again...my favorite show and I love that BRAVO runs reruns. 2. It is going to be 50 by Thursday. 3. Two of my sub days are meetings where I bop around to 6-7 different rooms and I don't have to do bus duty! 4. I get paid Friday. 5. I made my own granola yesterday and it is yummo! I will share the recipe at some point.
1. JC had a fever last night, but is feeling a little better. 2. We are done with baseball evals....did over 250 kids today in three hours. 3. I am not subbing tomorrow, so I can finish my articles for the month. 4. We didn't get as much snow as anticipated. 5. The boys are done with their cycle of fighting from earlier and are playing nicely!
1. JC had fun at his retreat last night. 2. I am going to exceed my goal of writing 20 goals this month. 3. My new 2 month writing job is set to start on schedule...should be good money. 4. JM has gone three nights without a bad dream...he has mastered positive thinking! 5. There is a fire in the woodburner!
1. JC finished his science project last night. 2. One of my freelance checks came yesterday. 3. I didn't have to pack a lunch this morning. 4. JM hasn't woken up from bad dreams for two nights. 5. Our furnace is working better.
1. Wednesday is our day to sleep in! 2. The kids are doing homework. 3. It was above freezing today. 4. I came across missing freelance money!! Hopefully it will be in my pocket by the end of the month! 5. My dad has his surgery scheduled.
1. We had fun at the hockey game last night...even though they lost. The boys danced, cheered, and were filmed and shown on the video board dancing! 2. My chiropractor got me in earlier today, making my after school time easier to manage. 3. I finished writing two articles already this morning. 4. I already folded a load of laundry. 5. West Wing is on Bravo...I miss that show!
Here is a pic to share of the boys in the penalty box and Nationwide Arena. They skated on the ice where the players play last week!
We had gotten the DVD "The Secret" from the library....tried the book, couldn't get it done. DH had been reading it while he waited for the boys to be done with basketball practice, with their crazy schedules he ends up with a 1/2 hour here or there during the week to fill. So, the one thing they suggest is to get up every day and list what you are grateful for. So, I am going to attempt to start there. Many of the "changes" they suggest are more of a challenge, so I'll start small!
Today I am grateful:
1. That my kids are now quiet and reading. 2. I slept 6 hours straight last night. 3. That the hubby forced about 4 loads of laundry through yesterday, so with the one more in the dryer now, we may be caught up for 24 hours. 4. We get to take the boys to a hockey game tonight...for free! 5. I have freelance work to complete....work = money!
No you are not seeing things, I am posting twice in a span of three days! I had the day off from subbing and instead of working all day, I decided to work on my scrapbooks. I do a family album for each year, one for each of the boys, and one for Cedar Point. We take so many pics there that it was taking up too much space in my annual album! I also do special albums for our Gundlach vacations and things like first communion.
Today, I worked on the Cedar Point album and thought I would share some pics of some of the recent pages that I did. Nothing fancy since I am behind a bit, I am in power scrapping mode. Just trying to make it look cute and get it done fast! With freelance breathing down my neck, I try not to go over board and spend too much time on any one page! Enjoy!
• No news about my dad lately. I THINK they ran their own tests in Cleveland on Friday and I THINK they did exploratory surgery today to see if there was anything they could do for him. One would THINK that since I am his daughter they could return my calls so that I actually KNOW what the heck it going on!
• My mom is finally in a better place. Not sure how long it will last, but for today, I'll take it.
• I have been sick for a week and can not get rid of this cold. It has migrated from my head to my chest and now is affecting my asthma, never a good thing. I am avoiding going to the doctor as long as possible!
• I have been subbing a lot which is good the the bank account, just not good for the aforementioned cold! I was approached to cover a maternity leave for the last month of the school year and decided to take it. It is a rather crazy second grade class, but we'll be fine. I have had them the last three days, and will have them several times before the leave. I'll have them whipped into shape in no time!
• I haven't shared a pic in awhile (because my posting is so erratic!)......so here are a few pics of the boys from December when we went to an Ohio State bball game. They got to go on the floor to shoot lay-ups and then got an autograph from Evan Turner. It was a fun night!